Friday, February 1, 2008

REAL ID - Good Ad

There are many inequities in life. Its usually the ones that creep up
on you quietly that cause one to give pause.

Last weekend my friend was pulled over by the state police at 2 in the
morning. Not because of any traffic violation; we all know the
penalties for such things. No, my friend was forcibly dragged from the
driver seat, restrained and then detained for a case of mistaken
identity. He even showed me his bruises!

The whole episode began when he had rushed his girl friend's cat to the
animal hospital, earlier that evening. On his way home, those pesky
electronics at every intersection had identified my friend as a thief!
Yes, his facial scan had him correctly identified this time, but his
passenger Muffins was identified as some other cat. This triggered a
mismatch between the cat's owner and the cat; essentially cat theft!
Somehow, the cat's information had been saved improperly at the
hospital. So as my friend passed each intersection, and the cat's RFID
tag was scanned, Muffins was identified as stolen property. My friend
only made it eight blocks from the hospital too!

Although the theft charge got dropped, he remains charged with
resisting
arrest.

So funny, but let me back up 15 years. This is the same friend who
laughed at me on May 11, 2008 when I told him for the 100th time that
the Real ID Act of 2005 was real!

While you still have time, find out about the Real ID. Check us out,
then consider helping before its too late.

http://stoprealidcoalition.blogspot.com

Thank you,

Stop Real ID Coalition

No comments: