Wednesday, January 16, 2008

January 15

January 15 – 10:30 pm

I wish I could come up with a good way to break out of my usual “Respect everyone’s viewpoint and learn from what others have to say to you” attitude. Because there is something that I know to be true. It goes something like this, and I’m really having trouble selling it because of the before-mentioned characteristic of mine: We are all being hoodwinked. Every goddamn player in the game is hoodwinking us. Our country is being stolen away from us by powerful forces in the world. Our currency is being destroyed. Our savings are being stolen from us. Our airwaves have been hijacked. Half of our cars all have tracking chips in them that register at the local secretary of state’s office each time they pass through a checkpoint. Our army is used to cause mischief throughout the world. It’s done without a declaration of war at that, as if Congress can be expected to behave any better than the President. We are being fucked every single day, and what do I get. I get a bunch of fucks who sit here and watch TV, being cooed into a stupor by whatever piece of shit it is that gets the right ratings or fits the right demographic to be on the screen for that shot or that hour or that week or decade.

Then there are phony debates as if Edwards or Hillary or Obama or McCain or Huckabee or Giuliani actually have any fucking difference of opinion on 4/5 of issues. My good God, what the fuck is going on here. I feel like I’m in a land of fucking zombies and I don’t know what the fuck to do, because I know that it won’t be any better anywhere else that I go.

How the hell do I express that?

“Hello ma’am, our country’s being destroyed and I paid my way all the way from fucking Slovakia so that I could come here and ask you to please vote for Ron Paul so that you and I can take back our government and live the life of freedom that our founding fathers envisioned for us….oh, yes, sure ma’am, I’ll surely let you get back to that program on TV, perhaps I could leave you with this campaign material about the champion of the Constitution to read for the four minutes that you are sitting on the toilet during commercial break.”

Allan
(writing from Las Vegas, Nevada)

No comments: